Tuesday 29 May 2012

Windows Live Photo Gallery

Here it is, the long awaited remote for Photo Gallery! It does many things that I am happy about, and other things I am less happy about.

Good things:

  • Navigate within a folder of photos
  • View large photos
  • Rotate photos
  • Add ratings
  • Flag images
  • Delete photos

Not bad, but not good either things:

  • Slideshow. Although it does load its own page to navigate slideshows more efficiently, I’m personally not happy that it will only show the Pan and Zoom show, but maybe I’m being picky.
  • It doesn’t start Photo Gallery when the remote is loaded.

When you’re normally using the remote, it looks like this

pg_up

Then when you view a slideshow, it changes to this

sc_up

When you want to rate a photo, a selection screen pops up like this

r_up

I was also going to have separate screens for selecting the type of slideshow and a delete query, but I thought they were unnecessary.

As always, feedback goes to the comments below – I’ll usually read them and get back to you within minutes if I have nothing better to do (which, let’s face it, is most of the time).

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment